Tunisie : Attentat de Sousse, Les victimes britanniques rapatriés à partir d’aujourd’hui

Un avion de la Royal Air Force (RFA) affrété par le gouvernement de David Cameron, avec à son bord les premiers corps des victimes britanniques de l’attentat terroriste perpétré, le 26 juin 2015, à l’hôtel Riu Imperial Marhaba, est attendu aujourd’hui, à l’aéroport militaire de Brize Norton, dans l’Oxfordshire, sud-est de l’Angleterre. Ces premiers corps des victimes britanniques ont été identifiés et leur rapatriement de corps de Tunisie a été officiellement avalisé par les autorités tunisiennes. Sky News croit savoir que toute cette opération de rapatriement des personnes décédées et des blessés britanniques pourrait prendre encore plusieurs jours. A Londres, on s’attend à ce que le Royaume Uni paie le prix le plus douloureux de cet attentat de l’hôtel Imperial Marhaba, avec une trentaine de victimes. Une équipe d’agents de Scotland Yard est sur place, en Tunisie, pour examiner les corps des victimes, les identifier et organiser leur embarquement à bord de vols spéciaux de la RFA vers le Royaume Uni. Sky News rapporte aussi que tous les blessés britanniques ont déjà regagné leur pays. Certaines de ces personnes, avec des blessures graves, sont toujours gardées pour soins dans des hôpitaux à Birmingham, Oxford, Plymouth et Londres. Source : http://kapitalis.com/

France : Burials From Germanwings Flight Are Delayed

PARIS — More than two months after a Germanwings co-pilot deliberately crashed his airliner into the French Alps, the families of the 150 people who perished in the disaster had, at long last, been preparing to put their loved ones to rest. They had already endured weeks of anguish as French gendarmes recovered human remains from among the blackened wreckage scattered across a mountainside and still more as forensic experts then painstakingly isolated the DNA of all who had been aboard the doomed March 24 flight en route from Barcelona, Spain, to Düsseldorf, Germany. Funeral announcements had been sent. Travel arrangements had been made for the body repatriation. In Germany, home to 72 of the dead, preparations were in the final stages for a ceremony at Düsseldorf Airport as early as Tuesday to receive the coffins as they arrived on a dedicated cargo flight from Marseille, France. Police escorts had been ordered to accompany the hearses home. Read more …

South Africa : A bid has been launched in the US Supreme Court to have the remains of iconic South African writer Nat Nakasa repatriated to his homeland

 

Nathaniel  » Nat  » Nakasa , short story writer and journalist. Picture: Rand Daily Mail /Times Media

The Sunday Times reported the writer’s sister, Gladys Maphumulo, aged 73, said that his possible return would ease the pain of his loss. « It was painful to the family that we didn’t get to bury him. But now there are efforts to bring his remains back home, we hope our pain will be healed when we rebury him, » she told the newspaper. Nakasa, a journalist and writer of short stories, committed suicide by jumping out of a building in New York in 1965. He was 28 years old. The department of arts and culture and a group of journalists have been involved in the body repatriation bid. The department has appointed an American legal firm to work on the matter. The department’s head of books and publishing, Siphiwo Mahala, said it was awaiting the court’s decision on whether it could exhume and repatriate his body. Nakasa is buried in Ferncliff Cemetery outside New York. If the repatriation bid is successful, he will be reburied at the Heroes’ Acre in Chesterville, Durban, where he spent his childhood Nakasa, a prolific young black voice who exposed the devastation of apartheid in his writings, was forced to leave South Africa on an exit visa when the apartheid government refused to grant him a passport after he was awarded a Nieman fellowship at Harvard University. He is believed to have become depressed through homesickness and a sense of isolation. Link